Caring for our greatest asset: you.
We give our clients industry-leading solutions to help them succeed. It makes sense to adopt the same approach for our employees. Our industry-leading benefits package takes care of you so that you can focus on doing great work. From insurance and disability to time off and wellness programs, it's our duty to look after your needs.
Benefits at a Glance
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) retirement program
- 401(k) retirement program
- Medical insurance
- Prescription coverage
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability coverage
- Short-term disability coverage
- Accidental death and dismemberment coverage
- Group accident and critical illness coverage
- Flexible spending account
- Wellness program
- Discounted gym memberships
- On-site fitness center
- On-site health center
- Employee assistance program
- Bereavement leave
- Paid holidays
- Personal time off
- Professional registration fee reimbursement
- Technical and professional society membership fee reimbursement
- Tuition assistance
- Technical certification reimbursement
- On-site classes offered through Burns & McDonnell University
- Relocation assistance
- Transportation reimbursement account
- On-site child care facility
- On-site credit union
Invest in a 401(k) savings plan through pre-tax or Roth payroll deductions. We’ll sweeten the deal by matching 50 cents for each dollar contributed on the first 6.5 percent of your salary. You'll be fully vested in that extra contribution in six years.
Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
As an eligible employee-owner, you share directly in the profitability of the company as stockholders, and it doesn't cost you a thing. ESOP accounts can accumulate wealth in different ways: through the cash contribution effective at year-end, the market performance on the daily-valued cash accounts, stock appreciation and quarterly dividends. Learn more about employee ownership and our ESOP.
- Medical, Vision and Dental Insurance: Our benefits are robust and flexible — a choice of two health plans with prescription drug plan, annual routine vision exams and available coverage for eyewear and vision surgeries, and a choice of two dental plans. You can also save pre-tax dollars in a flexible spending account for medical and/or dependent care expenses.
- Short- and Long-Term Disability: After a year of employment, you’re eligible for full salary continuation for up to 90 days at no cost if an illness or disability keeps you from work. You can also insure 50 percent to 60 percent of your earnings to provide non-taxable income if you are unable to work long term.
- Life Insurance: All employee-owners benefit from a basic policy at no cost, and you can purchase supplemental coverage for yourself and your family. Basic and optional supplemental coverage is also provided for accidental death and dismemberment.
- Accident and Critical Illness Insurance: Optional coverage provides payments to employee-owners for covered accidental injuries or critical illnesses.
Paid Time Off Programs
- Time Off: You'll accrue 15 days of personal time off during your first year. After five years, we'll add an additional day for each year through 15 years of service for a total of 25 accrued days.
- Holidays: Employee-owners receive eight paid holidays per year.
- Bereavement: In the event of a death in the immediate family, we provide paid leave to handle matters related to death and grieving.
- Fitness Centers: An on-site facility is available at our world headquarters, and corporate discounts are available at commercial centers nationwide.
- Health Center: Our on-site center at our world headquarters is staffed with a nurse practitioner and a dedicated health coach, available to help employee-owners tackle day-to-day health challenges and meet long-term health goals.
- Health Incentives: Weight loss and smoking cessation programs help direct employee-owners onto a beneficial path. Healthy activities are encouraged and rewarded with a wellness credit and tobacco-free insurance credits.
- Employee Assistance Program: A professional counseling organization provides assessments, short-term counseling and referrals to other resources for employee-owners and their immediate families, helping address stress from a range of sources.
- Child Care: MacKids Learning Academy, on-site at our world headquarters, provides STEM-focused education to children ages 6 weeks through pre-kindergarten.
- Credit Union: Bank from anywhere, with a full-service website where you can get account balances and history, transfer money between accounts, make bill payments and more.
- Flexible Spending Accounts: Employee-owners can use pretax dollars to pay for medical, dependent care and work-related mass transit expenses.