Burns & McDonnell is the prime architect-engineer providing complete and comprehensive Title I and Title II A-E services for the $225 million, multiyear phased construction program to expand the U.S. Central Command (USCENTCOM) headquarters and campus at MacDill Air Force Base in Florida.
Phase I includes the new four-story Joint Intelligence Center and Regional Training Center, USCENTCOM Conference Center, a new central utility plant for the campus, and the first phase of the new parking garage.
Phase II consists of the new four-story headquarters building, reception center, buildout of the central utility plant and significant site improvements. The 251,000-square-foot phase II headquarters building will consolidate and integrate the functions of USCENTCOM into a modern and flexible facility designed to support its mission as the command and control center for Operation Enduring Freedom and Operation Iraqi Freedom, as well as the global war on terrorism.
- Sensitive compartmented informational facility (SCIF) constructed joint operations command and control center incorporating sophisticated audio-visual (A/V) systems
- More than 109,000 square feet of SCIF and STC 45 and 50 constructed space to support secured operations
- Secured main conference room with rear projection room and complete A/V support
- 16 dedicated video teleconferencing (VTC) rooms incorporating specialized lighting, furnishings and accoustical treatments
- 1,710 standard and specialized workstations with workstation power and fiber network communications routed under raised flooring
- More than 130 private offices and executive suites for general officers incorporating high-end finishes and furnishings
- More than 10,000 square feet of dedicated server space with 3-megawatts of 2N redundant UPS power and overhead track bus-ways protected by a clean-agent storage, discharge and evacuation system, very early-warning air sampling smoke detection system (VESDA) and wet-pipe backup. Areas include:
- Network server room housing the Storage Area Network (SAN) and high-density blade servers
- Classified network room housing NIPR, SIPR, JWICS and DISA and numerous coalition networks
- Dedicated SCI network room which include the SCI and AV head-end console