Burns & McDonnell assisted with the permitting and performed the detailed design and prepared specifications for over 182,000 feet of large diameter pipe, numerous pump stations and storage tanks. The designs addressed numerous wash crossings including concrete cutoff trenches, sacrificial casings, engineered flowable fill, directional drilling, state highway crossings and traffic control. Burns & McDonnell worked closely with ADEQ’s North Regional Office and ADOT personnel to obtain the required permits, reviews and approvals for these seven projects.
- 24-inch DIP – 27,300 linear feet (designed, construction in 2005)
- 18-inch DIP – 47,300 linear feet (partially constructed, no change orders)
- 16-inch DIP – 17,800 linear feet (designed, construction to begin in 2007)
- 12-inch DIP – 29,800 linear feet (designed, construction to begin in 2008)
- 48-inch RCCP and carbon steel – 16,000 linear feet (completed in 2001, on schedule)
- 30-inch DIP – 10,000 linear feet (completed in 2003, on schedule)
- 36-inch DIP – 18,000 linear feet (completed in 2004, on schedule)