The growth of renewable energy sources, with their inherent unpredictability in energy production, has heightened the need for ways to balance loads, stretch peaks and reduce outages. Energy storage technologies help power producers create opportunities based on the unique aspects of every generation situation based on location, resources, regulations and schedules. We work with you to determine the right storage technology.
Growing storage options include:
- Lithium-ion battery systems incorporating new applications that address distributed energy storage needs at a community or home scale, as well as wind and solar photovoltaic smoothing.
- Thermal energy storage (TES) systems based on sensible heat or latent heat, allowing scaling up or down to meet system size requirements.
- Flywheel systems that offer up to 93 percent efficiency, commonly applied as backup power in telecommunications applications.
Energy storage projects require technology and project execution experience. We have the project team to address your needs.
- System integration, connecting storage with renewable resources, requires both detailed planning and controlled testing. Our advanced technology integration lab enables hands-on testing of multiple scenarios.
- Through program management, we have brought multibillion-dollar utility initiatives to fruition. Our proprietary tools support planning and management of comprehensive efforts that include energy storage components, allowing utilities to defer major capital expenditures.
- Engineer-procure-construct (EPC) project delivery means you have a single point of contact and accountability for all project phases, from permitting through design, procurement, generation, transmission and distribution.