Delivering your power plant project on time and within budget requires the right approach. Design-build is our specialty at Burns & McDonnell.
Design-build delivery gives you a single point of contact and establishes and environment for design and construction innovation. While many firms do design-build, we take it further. Our design and construction professionals are on the same team from the start of your project to its finish. We’re committed to helping you implement solutions that address your project’s needs. We leverage long-term relationships with trusted vendors to keep the project moving.
- Faster project completion, shorter schedules
- Early known cost, accurate budget, no surprises
- Team approach, enhanced quality, safer projects
- Open-book policy, fewer claims, reduced conflict
- Best value; lower overall project cost
- Single point of responsibility for owner
- One RFQ/RFP required
- More professional relationship with contractor
- Allows most innovations/options for owner to select
- Fewest claims and litigation
Flexibility for Your Project
We can also work with your team in other ways to put your project on the path to success.
- Construction management: Oversight of construction phase work designed to control cost and schedule beyond normal engineering services.
- Design-bid-build: Traditional project delivery where the project owner contracts with separate entities for design and construction.
- Engineer-procure-construct (EPC): Closely related to design-build delivery, but specialized for completion of major power industry projects.
- Owner’s engineer: Our team is an extension of your staff — making sure your project meets your needs in the end.
- Program management: Brings flexibility and accountability to large, complex initiatives, potentially stretching across your generation fleet.