Please browse the topics below to learn more about registering before beginning the registration process.
Supplier Program FAQs
I am already registered and need to update information.
To remain active in our supplier database, current suppliers are required to update their company's information at least annually.
Entry of your firm's information into our supplier database does not guarantee in any way that your company will be awarded business from Burns & McDonnell. It does, however, allow procurement professionals to identify qualified suppliers who may be able to meet their product/service requirements for business operations.
If you are a current supplier who completed a registration in our previous system before Feb. 20, 2015, which was hosted by Equifax, please have the registered user of your account email us to request a new user name and password. In the email provide your company name, company address, and the registered user's name, email, and phone number. We will send an email to the registered user with their new user name and password along with a link to our new system. Once logged in, they will be able to update the existing information in your company's record.
Current suppliers who completed a registration after Feb. 20, 2015, in our current system, please have the registered user of your account log in by clicking here. Once logged in, they will be able to update the existing information in your company's record.
If the registered user for your company is no longer employed by your company, please e-mail us to have your company's profile updated and to request a new login ID and password.
What does Burns & McDonnell look for in suppliers and subcontractors?
- Commitment to safety
- Capabilities, quality work and competitive pricing
- A proven record of performance with references
- Financial stability
- A proven record of on-schedule delivery
- An understanding of the project engineering and construction industry
Our Supplier Diversity Program Statement
If your U.S.-owned company is a minority-owned enterprise; women-owned enterprise; small business; small disadvantaged business; or HUB zone, veteran-owned or service disabled veteran-owned business, please note this important information in your registration, and follow the instructions to attach your certification(s).
Before you begin the registration process
All current and interested potential suppliers are required to register through this Web site. If the necessary data is assembled before beginning, the registration process should not take more than 30 minutes. Compiling the necessary information before beginning will ensure a smooth and trouble-free registration process. The following information will be requested during the registration process:
- Full legal company name as listed on W9
- Parent company information
- Contact information, phone, fax and e-mail
- Taxpayer identification number verified by a current and signed W9
- Dun and Bradstreet (DUNS) number
- Firm ownership information
- Insurance coverage information, including limits, carrier and expiration date
- Safety performance statistics for the current year and previous three years (construction subcontractors) verified by OSHA 300 and 300a logs
- Industry classifications, including:
- Current year-to-date and previous three years' sales, revenue and government-derived revenue amounts
- Trade credit references, including contact name and phone number
- Project performance references, including contact name and phone number
- Business size certification
- Business diversity information and certifications (if applicable)
- It is important that all pop-up windows be allowed. Before logging in, insure that pop-up blockers are disabled in your browser, toolbars and anti-virus security software while working in the registration application.
Supported browsers and versions are Internet Explorer versions 7 through 11, Firefox versions 3.5, 3.6, 10, 17, 24 and 31. Safari versions 4.0 through 6.0 and Google Chrome version 35. However Safari and Chrome are not recommended.
Documents you need to submit with your registration
All suppliers and subcontractors are required to submit the following by uploading and attaching to the registration:
- Current W9 or W8 if doing business in the U.S. Suppliers providing goods or services within the United States are required to upload and attach a current W9 (signature date within the last 12 months) for U.S.-based suppliers or a W8 for non-U.S. suppliers. Per the IRS, the W9 form requires a physical street address. Post office boxes are permissible only if the Postal Service does not deliver to the registrant's physical street address.
- Business Diversity Classification Certificates from certifying agency
- WCB clearance letter (Canadian firms only)
- Safety program documentation, if applicable
Construction subcontractors are required to submit the following by uploading and attaching to the registration:
- Safety program documentation
- OSHA 300 and 300a logs for the current year-to-date and previous three years
- WCB safety logs (Canadian firms only)
- Written explanation of any regulatory citations by the EPA, OSHA, MSHA, DOT, Coast Guard or other regulatory agencies
- Written explanation of any fatality incidents
- EMR verification letter from your insurance carrier
All suppliers and subcontractors may submit the following optional documentation:
- Manufacturer line cards
- Insurance certificates
Who do I contact if I need assistance filling out the form or have questions regarding the form?
If you have questions regarding your registration in this database, please email us or contact our supplier coordinators at 816-823-6200. Include your name, company name and phone number along with your question.
What is a Dun and Bradstreet (DUNS) number and why do I need it to register?
A DUNS number is a nine-digit number issued by Dun & Bradstreet Inc. to identify each corporate location of a business. Most companies already have a DUNS number. You can find yours on the Dun & Bradstreet website. If you do not yet have a DUNS number, D&B will provide you one at no cost. You also can enter 000000000 as your DUNS number to let us know that you do not have one.
What is an NAICS and why do I need it to register?
The North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) is the standard used by federal statistical agencies to classify business establishments for the purpose of collecting, analyzing and publishing statistical data related to the U.S. business economy. Burns & McDonnell uses this classification system to identify the capabilities of our suppliers and subcontractors within our database. For help determining your firm’s NAICS, click here.
What is a UNSPSC and why do I need it to register?
The United Nations Standard Products and Services Code (UNSPSC) is global, multi-sector standard for efficient, accurate classification of products and services. Encompassing a five level hierarchical classification codeset, Burns & McDonnell uses this classification system to identify the capabilities of our suppliers and subcontractors within our database. For help determining your firm's UNSPSC, click here.
What is the next step after I register?
Once you have submitted your registration and your information is verified and entered into our supplier database, your information will be available to all of our procurement professionals. Due to the volume of inquires we receive you will not be contacted until a purchasing professional matches one of our current needs with your firm's capabilities.
What if I am already a supplier?
We ask that you ensure your data is correct and up-to-date by either updating your existing information, if you already have a login, or registering your firm online, even if you have an existing business relationship with Burns & McDonnell.
How can I get in touch with a purchasing or project manager to discuss a product or service my company offers?
Due to the large volume of inquiries we receive, we do not provide direct phone numbers or e-mail addresses for our purchasing organization. Instead, we use the supplier database as a means of providing supplier information to our purchasing managers. If you have a product or service you would like to introduce to Burns & McDonnell, please register and include any relevant brochures or attachments. When your registration is complete, your company information will be made available to all procurement professionals within Burns & McDonnell.
How can I get a list of upcoming needs or upcoming projects?
I am a certified minority-owned, women-owned, or disabled veteran owned vendor. How can I do business with Burns & McDonnell?
All prospective suppliers use the same process to register with Burns & McDonnell. The registration form captures diversity status and the information is made available to our supplier diversity coordinator and procurement professionals.
What are some things that can keep me from submitting my registration?
In order to submit your information, you must fill out all the required questions.
What browser can I use to access the supplier registration application?
Supported browsers and versions are Internet Explorer versions 7 through 11, Firefox versions 3.5, 3.6, 10, 17, 24 and 31. Safari and Google Chrome are not supported.
I am a current supplier for Burns & McDonnell, and I have been asked to fill out or update my supplier registration profile. Why am I being asked to do this?
If you are a current supplier, we require that you update your company's information annually to make sure we have current information. We will also periodically request that an inactive supplier return and update their profile information.
If the primary contact for my company is no longer employed by us, what should I do?
Please e-mail us to have your profile updated and to request a new login ID and password.
I have read the FAQ list and I still have questions. Is there anyone else I can contact?
If you still have questions after reading the FAQ list, please e-mail us or contact our supplier coordinators at 816-823-6200. Please include your name, company name and phone number with your question.
Submitting this contact form does not put your company into our supplier database. Follow these instructions to register as a supplier.
Jessica Herrell Supplier Registration Coordinator 816-823-6200