Electric vehicles (EV) present an opportunity and a need for investment in the network of distributed energy resources and distribution infrastructure necessary to facilitate their growing implementation in cities and transportation corridors around the world.
Electric Vehicle Infrastructure
Electric utilities are in a unique position to deploy EV infrastructure. We have the experience and depth to help conceptualize, design and execute a plan based on a thorough understanding of the intricacies of the technology and the industry.
We have professionals experienced in EV charging location optimization, predicting energy use and energy costs, vehicle-to-grid integration, communication network design, budget planning, and transportation and route planning. Our in-house project managers and construction professionals help with electrical infrastructure planning and move projects from concept to deployment smoothly and efficiently.
Electric Vehicle Fleet Planning
Converting a bus or other fleet to zero-emission vehicles is a significant undertaking. Your partner must understand the intricacies of planning, coordinating and executing both technical and operational details.
Our professionals have experience in EV charging location optimization, predicting energy use and casts, vehicle-to-grid integration, communication network design, budget planning, and route planning. We can help transition a fleet to EVs, moving from concept to deployment smoothly and efficiently.
Custom EV Implementations
One of our strengths is the breadth of services we provide across the EV spectrum. Our team is technology agnostic, focused on recommending the custom infrastructure or EV type without regard for supplier preferences. We plan, design and build the components necessary to support light, medium or heavy-duty vehicle fleets.
A holistic approach to EV infrastructure means we work as an extension of your staff and bring the big picture issues into focus. Our experience means implementation schedules that reduce disruptions, studies that optimize existing and new infrastructure, and data analysis that supports charging placement and route decisions that will work.
Because we are an established, full-service team of designers, builders and consultants, we bring immediate access to experience that will help execute your projects quickly and efficiently. We also have the flexibility to supplement our core team with technical resources that can scale from the smallest to the largest of initiatives.
Our EV service program includes:
- Budget planning
- Electrical system planning
- Environmental services
- EV infrastructure design and construction
- Grid analysis and modernization
- Microgrid and renewable integration
- Rate analysis
- Route planning and realignment
- Utility coordination
You May Also Like:
- A Road Map for Successful Conversion to a Fully Electric Vehicle Fleet
- Navigating the Complexities of Vehicle Electrification at Multiunit Dwellings
- Expanding Electrification to Medium- and Heavy-Duty Vehicles
- Shifting Gears: Invest in a Plan That Pays
- New U.K. Price Controls Drive New Capital Programme Delivery
- Between-Route vs. In-Route Bus Charging: Making a Wise Choice
- Sustaining the Earth Through Utility Innovations
- 10 Infrastructure Considerations for Fleet Electrification
- More in Store, *Batteries Included
- Megatrends on Mike's Mind
- Damon Aldrich Joins Burns & McDonnell to Support Electric Vehicle Transformation Strategy
- Burns & McDonnell Names New Transportation Leader
- Kansas City Business Journal: Burns & McDonnell names new global transportation head
- Current: RIIO-T2 and the need to drive new capital programme delivery
- IJ Global: Charged with uncertainty - EV charging infra
- Burns & McDonnell Expands Next Generation Electrical Services in California
- The Engineer: The promise paradox of autonomous vehicles
- Infrastructure Intelligence: Let’s make a serious commitment to energy infrastructure investment
- Burns & McDonnell Working With Transit Agency to Develop an Electrification Road Map to Transform Depots for an Electrified Fleet
- Meghan Calabro Promoted to Lead New Distribution Modernization Group at Burns & McDonnell
Send Us a Note
Kyle Pynn Senior Project Manager 816-349-6711