- 2012 Sustainability Report
With the assistance of Burns & McDonnell, MillerCoors prepared its fourth sustainability report, its first published exclusively online at www.millercoors.com/Great-Beer-Great-Responsibility. MillerCoors 2012 Sustainability Report describes MillerCoors challenges and successes in promoting responsible beer consumption, reducing environmental impact and supporting people and communities. The report achieved GRI application level B.
- Develop content for the sustainability report
- Compliance with Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) framework
- Provide third-party verification of GRI application level
On a compressed timeline, Burns & McDonnell assisted MillerCoors in developing report content, verified the report's GRI application level and advised content direction of associated marketing collateral. The public relations team at Olson coordinated the project as MillerCoors' strategic communications partner, Laughlin Constable designed the online platform, and Curran & Connors designed the printed marketing collateral.
Burns & McDonnell conducted approximately 20 interviews with MillerCoors staff in a cross-section of departments to develop a comprehensive overview of MillerCoors sustainable business practices as well as an understanding of MillerCoors challenges and successes during the reporting period. Based on these interviews and data and documents provided by MillerCoors staff, Burns & McDonnell's technical writers drafted text and provided direction for graphics for the new, interactive website. Through more than 60 webpages of content, Burns & McDonnell addressed MillerCoors performance in five key areas of sustainability: responsibility, environmental stewardship, supply chain, people and communities, and ethics and transparency. To engage a diverse range of stakeholders, the design of the online MillerCoors 2012 Sustainability Report incorporates interactive elements and sustainability highlights in addition to detailed content.
- Data collection, subject matter expert interviews and content development, including theming, for the sustainability report
- GRI sustainability reporting framework incorporated to achieve a B application level
- Third-party verification of GRI application level
- Regional Training Institute - Phase One
- Tehachapi Renewable Transmission Project
- Packaged Hybrid CHP Plant
- Corporate Environmental Responsibility Report & Greenhouse Gas Inventory
- Voluntary Reporting of Greenhouse Gases
- Independence Utilities Center
- Joint Dining Facility
- Thornton Wes Brown Water Treatment Plant Expansion
- LCDR Otis Vincent Tolbert Joint Intelligence Operations Center
- Solar Site Feasibility Study