Using an integrated design-build approach and partnering with VanTrust Real Estate, we are building phase two of our corporate headquarters. The four-story, 142,000-square-foot office building will have the capacity to house 780 people, increasing the size of the Burns & McDonnell world headquarters by 22 percent. It also includes a 550-stall parking garage.
In 2016, Burns & McDonnell opened phase one of the expansion, a new 310,000-square-foot building on the firm’s 37-acre campus in South Kansas City that could accommodate an additional 1,400 employee-owners and provide a variety of onsite amenities ranging from a childcare center to a health center and pharmacy. The four-story facility serves as the anchor to the Ward Parkway corridor.
- 42 conference rooms and two large training rooms
- Premium conference rooms with interactive features and smart technology to increase efficiency and collaboration
- Adjustable desks allowing users to sit or stand, and pullout furniture for informal teaming sessions
- Areas customized with whiteboards and expansive counter space to inspire and accommodate collaboration sessions
Recycling and Preservation
- Designed to LEED best practices
- Hackberry wood, native to the Midwest, will be used for unique feature walls, veneers and ceiling panels
- 100 percent LED lighting paired with daylight harvesting for optimal energy savings
- Interactive messaging for electric vehicles alerting when the car is charged to avoid wasting electricity