- Aeronautical Survey & Airport Airspace Analysis
This project included development of the electronic airport layout plan (eALP) and aeronautical obstruction survey mapping. We teamed with Quantum Spatial Inc. to perform the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Airport Airspace Analysis Survey in support of the project.
Aerial imagery and obstruction data were acquired and processed in accordance with FAA Advisory Circular 150/5300-18B: Section 184.108.40.206 Runways without Vertical Guidance. The Statement of Work (SOW), Survey and Quality Control Plan, Imagery Acquisition Plan, Imagery Acquisition Report, and Final Project Report were developed and submitted to the FAA AGIS online database.
The FAA requires aeronautical survey and mapping services to meet the standards outlined in the FAA Advisory Circulars 150/5300-16A, -17C and -18B, with further guidance from the FAA Northwest Mountain Region (ANM), and the Office of Airports Safety and Standards in Washington, D.C. The survey was completed to assist with the development of the eALP and possible RNP approach to Runway 6/24 at ANK.
The information was incorporated into the ALP drawing set to provide background imagery, verification of the runway end locations and elevations, airport reference point, topographical features, obstructions to airspace, 14 CFR Part 77 approach and transitional surfaces, and any significant natural or man-made object, including NAVAIDs.
- Mastering Master Planning
- Embracing Alternative Funding for Airport Infrastructure
- Setting a Course for Construction
- Checked-In for Success
- Maintaining a Clear Vision
- Documentation System Sets Flight Path for Smart Maintenance, Construction
- Dig for Solutions to Retain Operations While Replacing Pipes
- Establish On-Site Utilities to Secure Critical Services
- Capture Knowledge to Operate and Maintain Assets, Equipment
- Technology Helps Tame the Tiger