- Alcoholic Beverage Tank Farm Expansion
Our team provided preliminary design to develop the project scope and preliminary schedule to improve wine quality by mixing in appropriately sized tanks and to improve plant throughput by eliminating choke points in bottling tanks. We went on to become the design-build contractor, allowing schedule savings of four months. Key project results:
- More than $200,000 was saved in engineering by designing multiple project phases in parallel.
- The project used 3D modeling to fit new and relocated equipment/piping in a tight operating space in existing facility.
- Our team improved the tank delivery schedule by introducing a supplier to the client.
- An opportunity was identified to shop fabricate tanks instead of field erecting them, thus transferring risk and saving time.
- 10 wine processing/transfer/storage tanks with mixing, cooling and insulation
- Installed in two phases, with design for a future third phase
- Tanks included integrated stair tower and catwalk system for access to all tank tops
- Installed clip panels and multiple piping runs
- Relocated existing piping and equipment
- Safely demolished underground storage containers