- Alcovy Road 115-kV Transmission Line
Burns & McDonnell is providing engineering services to construct a 0.6-mile transmission line extension. The new 115-kV transmission line will serve as a feed through loop and provide increased reliability for the Georgia intelligent transportation system (ITS).
The Alcovy Road 115/12-kV substation is connected to the Covington #3 - SKC 115-kV transmission line via a 0.5-mile tap. This project will complete the loop into the substation by constructing an additional 0.6-mile transmission line paralleling the existing tap.
- Transmission line design
- Concrete monopole structures
- Utilization of OPGW
- Support for:
- Right-of-way (ROW) acquisition
- ROW encroachment resolution
- Railroad and state Department of Transportation permit acquisition