- Aventine Renewable Energy: Boiler MACT Study
Upon Burns & McDonnell's completion of a Boiler Maximum Achievable Control Technology (MACT) study in 2005, Aventine Renewable Energy selected us to provide engineering and design services for the new air pollution control systems that put Aventine’s Pekin, Ill., boilers in compliance with the Boiler MACT standards.
As a result of the engineering study and the final rule language, Burns & McDonnell recommended installation of a pulse jet fabric filter (PJFF) as the primary control method on two of their coal-fired stoker boilers as the most viable option to comply with the Boiler MACT.
- Air pollution control systems design and layout
- Fabric filter specification
- Ductwork design and specifications
- ID fan specifications
- Schematic design, design development and construction documents
- Bid evaluations
- Bid-phase and construction-phase services