- Baggage Security Facilities Upgrade
Our team was the prime consultant for the upgrade of baggage security facilities at the Central and South Terminals at Miami International Airport, one of the busiest airports in the United States and the world.
We led a team that designed a 70,000-square-foot baggage security screening facility, as well as upgraded and replaced baggage handling equipment in the existing terminals to more efficiently feed the new screening facility. The project was designed for LEED Silver designation from the U.S. Green Building Council. It replaced security equipment installed after the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks.
This project extends a professional relationship with the Miami airport that includes projects going back 50 years.
Other firms on the team include BNP Associates, JSM & Associates, Gurri Matute, MOBIO Architecture, Gartek Engineering, Louis J. Aguirre & Associates, DDA Engineers and Premiere Design Solutions.
- Project management
- Design through construction documents for a new building and baggage handling system
- Design through construction documents for renovations to existing baggage handling systems
- Construction period services for all designs
- Shop drawing review
- RFI resolution
- In-house support for A/E of record
- Design updates
- Bulletins (drawing updates)
- Permitting support