- Blacks Fork Hydrocarbon Development
Burns & McDonnell is the first-party contractor to support the Blacks Fork Hydrocarbon Development Project Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) for the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) Kemmerer Field Office (KFO). The Blacks Fork project is proposed by Anadarko Petroleum Corp. and associated operators and includes full-field natural gas and hydrocarbon liquid development within an approximately 635,000-acre project area in southeastern Wyoming.
The Blacks Fork Hyrdrocarbon Development Project includes the drilling of as many as 7,500 hydrocarbon wells on as many as 1,000 well pads over 20 years. The project area includes approximately 325,000 acres of public lands and 315,000 acres of federal mineral estate administered by the BLM KFO. Approximately 25,000 acres of the federal mineral estate is located below private and state surface lands, or split-estate.
Burns & McDonnell is preparing Environmental Conditions Reports (ECRs) and other key technical documents to support development of the Blacks Fork EIS by a third-party contractor. Burns & McDonnell is coordinating with the operator group, the BLM and cooperating agencies to accelerate the project schedule and complete the EIS.
Burns & McDonnell is responsible for managing the first-party efforts, including:
- Coordinating development of the Purpose and Need with the operator group and the BLM
- Collecting baseline condition information for the existing natural resources in the project area
- Preparation of ECRs for incorporation into the EIS
- Coordinating air quality emissions inventory and near-field modeling
- Preparation of a water resources white paper
- Preparation of the Notice of Intent for the project
- Preparation of a continuous operations and mitigation white paper (for operations in sage-grouse and big game habitat areas)
- First-party contractor
- National Environmental Policy Act compliance
- Air quality modeling
- Water resources white paper
- Continuous operations and mitigation white paper