- Boeing Anaheim Energy Services
Burns & McDonnell performed an investment grade audit for the Boeing Anaheim campus, a complex of seven buildings totaling more than 1.2 million square feet. The audit included detailed surveys of all buildings, analysis and modeling of a comprehensive list of energy conservation measures and associated cost estimates. The final contract is projected to provide annual savings of $1.5 million over the 10-year term.
Because of security issues in highly sensitive research and development areas, the audit team worked closely with Boeing personnel to manage and schedule a complete and thorough audit. The audit also included detailed analyses of program costs, capital vs. operating expenses, and multiple financing alternatives including traditional finance, capital lease and operating lease.
The developed energy program included the following measures:
- New 1-MW combined heat and power facility
- New power quality system
- High efficiency lighting modifications
- Upgrade chillers with variable frequency drives (VFDs)
- Upgrade and optimize the existing energy management system
- New VFDs and high efficiency motors on fans and pumps
- Convert air distribution system and air handlers to VAV
- Air handler economizers
- New high efficiency boilers
- New low flow plumbing systems
- Weather-based irrigation controls