- Bulk Fuel Storage Tanks Facility
Burns & McDonnell provided design and engineering services for the installation of a new bulk fuel storage tanks facility at Yokota Air Base, Japan. The facility consists of two 100,000-barrel cut-and-cover JP-8 storage tanks, two truck fill stands, filter building, one 4,000-gallon product recovery tank and a standby generator. The system is capable of receiving and supplying JP-8 to and from other fuel systems on the base. The storage tanks are semi-buried, concrete-encased, vertical welded steel. A three-layer epoxy coating system was applied to all surfaces inside the tank for corrosion protection. Each fuel storage tank is equipped with a continuous reading, digital, servo-type, automatic tank gauge.
- On-site investigation of the existing facilities and systems
- Functioning assessment of existing fueling systems and determining methods to tie into the existing systems
- Participation in the charrette and preparation of the report
- Analysis of optional layouts and locations of the fueling system storage facility, and routing of the underground piping
- Development of construction cost estimates and project scope of work
- Engineering design