- Coal-Fired Generation Consulting
Burns & McDonnell provided consulting and professional services to Korea Southern Power Co. Ltd. (KOSPO) and KEPCO Engineering & Construction for the Green Power Units 1 and 2 in Samcheok, Republic of Korea, including bid evaluation support on major equipment, onshore engineering service in Korea, review of major system design criteria, design review, technology transfer and training, and startup management field support.
- Bid evaluations
- Onshore engineering service in Korea
- Technical support and reporting
- Design review
- Review of major system design criteria
- Field service
- Technology transfer and training
The Samcheok project consists of a single steam turbine and two half-size circulating fluidized bed boilers with a nominal capacity of 1,000 MW per unit. It is located in Hosan-Ri, Wonduck-wup, Samcheok-Si, Kwangwon Do, Korea. Commercial operation was scheduled for June 2015 and December 2015.
The boiler is provided by Foster-Wheeler and is of a vertical tube, once-through, sliding pressure, supercritical circulating fluidized-bed (CFB) design fueled by sub-bituminous coal. The steam turbine is a four-flow, tandem compound, reheat and regenerative type and will operate with steam conditions of 3,568 psi (246 bars) main steam pressure and 1112 degrees F (600 degrees C) for main steam and hot reheat temperatures.
- Four 550-megawatt (MW) Foster-Wheeler supercritical circulating fluidized-bed boilers
- Two Toshiba 1,000-MW steam turbine generators