- Combustion Turbine CT Project
Burns & McDonnell provided professional services to identify and evaluate sites, provided development assistance, and provided permitting for the installation of a peaking facility in Sheboygan County, Wis.
- Project development assistance
- Site selection and acquisition assistance
- Conceptual engineering
- Planning, estimating and scheduling
- Project management
- Transmission load flow analysis and interconnect assistance
Burns & McDonnell was retained to provide siting assistance, development assistance, permitting and technical engineering services for this peaking facility in Wisconsin.
The scope included:
- Site identification, evaluation and selection
- Site infrastructure development and engineering support
- Transmission interconnection request application
- Application assistance for permits submitted to the Wisconsin Public Service Commission (WPSC) and the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources (WDNR)
- Conceptual design and scope definition including development of performance estimates, capital cost estimates, operating & maintenance cost estimates, and a conceptual schedule
- Evaluation of various plant configuration options
Burns & McDonnell development scope further included application development and coordination for the various construction and operating permits required, detailed design, and construction management for the project.
The primary and alternate project sites were identified in summer 2001. Burns & McDonnell had selected the two feasible candidate sites to comply with the requirements of the Wisconsin Public Service Commission. The project’s Certificate of Public Convenience and Necessity and the environmental permit applications have been issued by the WPSC and the WDNR. Burns & McDonnell initiated construction in August 2004.
- Two simple cycle combustion turbines
- Inlet air evaporative cooling
- Strategic site location with onsite electrical transmission and adjacent natural gas laterals