- Creative Campus
This creative campus is a partnership between VanTrust Real Estate LLC and Creative Planning. VanTrust Real Estate purchased the property in 2015 and hired our team to design and build a state-of-the-art office campus that offers extraordinary exposure and accessibility. The development is at the southeast corner of Interstate 435 and Nall Avenue.
The campus is 14.32 acres with 355,500 square feet of office space with a 150-car parking deck and future a 460-car garage. Two mid-rise office buildings accommodate the offices of Creative Planning and HCA Midwest.
The architectural design and program of the office buildings feature a unique look for distinctive tenants, including prominent, high-quality design. Located at one of the most visible corners in the city, the campus creates a user-friendly urban environment with walking-distance amenities, including:
- 6,000-square-foot café, with a four-station serving line and pizza oven
- 2,000-square-foot coffee bar
- Indoor and outdoor dining areas
Our team worked with Creative Planning and VanTrust to develop spaces for the campus that are distinctively smart and sophisticated, but with a softer, relaxed aesthetic geared toward one-on-one client interactions.
The buildings went up quickly and efficiently due to the smart design-build delivery approach, where one in-house team executes all roles throughout the project life cycle — designer, engineer and general contractor. It supports high-quality outcomes faster and with more cost certainty.
In-house design-build services included:
- Architectural design
- Interior design
- Space planning
- Mechanical engineering
- Electrical engineering
- Plumbing engineering
- Civil engineering
- Structural engineering
- Safety programming
- Cost estimating
- Schedule generation and monitoring
- Contract administration
- Quality assurance
- Furniture, fixtures and equipment
The former Century Link building previously occupied the site. Demolition of that structure was the first implosion in the city's history. Crews imploded a 10-story, 162,000-square-foot building in January 2017 to make way for the innovative office campus. The site also included a three-story 56,000 square foot structure that crews demolished in December 2016.
- Burns & McDonnell Ranks as 3rd Largest MEP Engineering Firm
- Thomas Tod, of Burns & McDonnell, Selected for 2019 Leadership Missouri Program
- U.S. Navy Awards Burns & McDonnell $20 Million IDIQ Contract for Fire Protection Services at Bases and Facilities in the Pacific
- Kansas City Business Journal: Announcing the 2019 Capstone Award winners
- Missourian: UM moves forward with $220 million research facility
- Burns & McDonnell Deepens Roots in Chicago, Plans to Double Size of Local Workforce
- Burns & McDonnell Relocates Within Roanoke to Make Room for Expansion
- Copaken Brooks and Burns & McDonnell Break Ground on REVERB, a Distinctive Crossroads Apartment Building
- Engineering News-Record: ENR Southeast's 2019 Top Young Professionals
- Burns & McDonnell Broadens East Coast Presence With Opening of Greenville Office