- Energy Performance Contract
Five facilities owned by the City of Leawood, Kan., were audited by Burns & McDonnell for inclusion in a comprehensive turnkey project: City Hall, Leawood Aquatic Center, Ironhorse Golf Course, Leawood Parks Maintenance Facility and the Lodge at Ironwoods.
The audit was conducted through the Kansas Corporation Commission's Facility Conservation Improvement Program (FCIP). The audit provided the basis of design and descriptions of each energy conservation measure (ECM) that Burns & McDonnell developed for the city.
Leawood had numerous capital improvement projects that had been delayed over the years because of lack of funding. Burns & McDonnell facilitated a turnkey project to include not only energy-saving measures but also the capital improvements. Burns & McDonnell evaluated ECMs at each location, then developed energy-saving calculations for the selected measures and obtained upgrade cost estimates from local subcontractors. The City of Leawood then selected key measures for implementation based on overall energy savings, cost and corresponding payback.
The project then shifted to a design-build effort. Burns & McDonnell managed the construction sequence including safety, schedule and duration.
This project covered five facilities with approximately 70,000 square feet. The project annual savings were 354,000 kWh/761 MMbtu.
Selected Energy Conservation Measures
- Building automation system installation and advanced control schemes
- Rooftop air handler replacement in occupied building
- System-level VAV box retro-commissioning
- Control valve replacement
- Advanced lighting upgrades and controls installation
- HVAC split system upgrades
- Burns & McDonnell Moves to No. 1 as Nation’s Largest Commissioning Firm on Annual Commissioning Giants Ranking
- Burns & McDonnell Grows Commissioning Team in New Directions
- Burns & McDonnell is Nation's Third Largest Commissioning Firm
- Burns & McDonnell Manager Appointed AIA Commissioning Representative
- Burns & McDonnell Awarded Commissioning Services Contract for New National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency Campus in St. Louis
- Burns & McDonnell Ranks 3rd on 2016 MEP Commissioning Giants Survey
- Burns & McDonnell Offers New Sustainable Design-Build Services
- Burns & McDonnell Ranks 6th on Latest MEP Giants Survey