- Executive Briefing Room
Burns & McDonnell provided design and construction management services to Boeing for a technologically advanced and aesthetically elegant executive briefing room.
- Preliminary design
- Design development
- Construction documents
- Construction administrative services
In order to address its need for a meeting space that provided both technological functionality and executive-level accouterments, Boeing selected Burns & McDonnell to deliver the design and construction oversight for the executive briefing room in the Boeing facility in Arlington, Va.
The project was executed in four phases, beginning with preliminary design and ending with construction supervision. The project features generous use of rich wood materials and furnishings. Burns & McDonnell also is modifying the existing HVAC system and adding electrical power outlets, lighting and controls, and audio/visual equipment. A new entryway is being added directly off the elevator lobby. Additional closet space is included, and other areas will serve as smaller conference rooms for dining and breakout session meetings.
- 6,000 square feet of new space to accommodate 45 to 50 people
- Elegant theater look, with U-shaped seating
- Custom acoustical privacy systems for guaranteed privacy
- Extensive special architectural finishes including:
- Custom-designed millwork consoles
- Lacquer doors and columns
- Terrazzo aggregate flooring