- FD Fan Inlet Vane Controls Replacement
Our team served as an extension of Ameren's project management staff, responsible for project development, approval, engineering, design, procurement, construction, commissioning, integration and documentation for a project to replace the Unit 1A and Unit 1B forced draft (FD) fan inlet vanes and inlet vane controls (IVC) for improved operation and resistance to wear.
The IVCs for the FD fans related to this project were first installed in the late 1960s. This equipment reached the end of its useful life and required a lot of maintenance just to stay operational. Replacing the IVCs reduced maintenance costs and increased reliability. We worked closely with the equipment OEM to source correct components for the IVC replacement and coordinated both construction and commissioning activities.
- Internal and external project management
- Existing conditions walk down
- Specification development
- Procurement support (material purchased on owner paper)
- Construction support (construction procured on owner paper)
- Commissioning support (coordinating OEM field services)
- Equipment lead time: 6-8 months
- Installation time: 3-4 weeks
- Application of lessons learned from past project experience
- Early booking of technical field advisor (TFA) time from the OEM, which was required to ensure proper installation, alignment and commissioning of the IVCs