- Highland Water Main Replacements
Burns & McDonnell has designed more than 6,000 lineal feet of 6- to 14-inch water mains over the past three years for the City of Highland, Ill. Projects included designs for Sixth, Seventh, Olive, Cypress, Route 143 and Poplar. The scope of work included a detailed topographic and property survey of the project area to locate and identify existing conditions.
Approximately 10 utility easement plats and legal descriptions for private properties along the north side of Illinois Route 143 have been prepared. Civil engineering design will be required for the replacement of the water mains. Burns & McDonnell will prepare construction drawings and the project manual, consisting of front-end documents, bid documents, technical specifications and special conditions. Burns & McDonnell also provided a construction cost estimate and obtained the permit for the construction of the water mains from the Illinois Environmental Protection Agency (IEPA).
Bid phase services will consist of:
- Preparation of advertisement and advertise for bids
- Response to questions and/or comments from the bidding contractors pertaining to the construction drawings and project manual
- Preparation of and processing of addenda as required
- Evaluation of bids
- Assistance to the client in awarding the construction contract
Construction phase services will include:
- Responding to all Requests for Information (RFIs) received from the contractor
- Preparation and processing of change orders as required
- Preparation of as-built drawings