- Integrated Enterprise Project Controls
We provide business and technology consulting services to Bruce Power, helping it create an industry-leading project controls system that uses fully integrated and enterprisewide project management tools, processes and trained personnel to safely deliver quality projects on schedule and on budget.
As Canada’s first private nuclear generator, Bruce Power provides 30% of Ontario’s power, selling through a contract with Ontario’s Independent Electricity System Operator (IESO). Through an agreement with the IESO, the company is extending the life of six of its eight nuclear units with a series of investments that includes a major component replacement (MCR) program. Units 1 and 2 were refurbished in the 2000s and are in full operation; however, those units’ refurbishment significantly exceeded cost and schedule targets. The MCR program is estimated to cost $13 billion and take place over 15 years, beginning in 2020 with Unit 6 and successive outages for the remaining units phased over time.
Bruce Power is accountable to the IESO through an amended Bruce Power Refurbishment Implementation Agreement. Bruce Power has agreed to assume all responsibility for cost and schedule overruns while any savings will be apportioned with rebates going to the ratepayers. The IESO agreement allows Bruce Power to pre-plan for the program, which will enable it to apply lessons learned from the refurbishment of Units 1 and 2 and other CANDU refurbishments, leading to more predictable outcomes.
As part of that process, our team is providing a bottom-up look at Bruce Power’s project control capabilities. The team is also providing ongoing consulting and hands-on management consulting services for the estimating, cost management and forecasting, scheduling, risk and change management of the MCR program, asset management, sustaining capital and life extension projects.
- Project controls governance
- Business architecture and processes
- IT system architecture and application configuration
- Review governance adherence and quality of project controls deliverables
- Business intelligence and data analytics
- Net increase to project controls staff capabilities, capacity and quality
- Summer 2&3 Owner's Engineering & Construction Oversight
- Vogtle 3&4 Owner's Engineering & Construction Oversight
- Advanced Reactor Conceptual Design
- Bellefonte Unit 1
- Callaway Auxiliary Feedwater Pump
- Callaway Unit 2 COLA
- Independent Oversight for Refurbishment
- Main Turbine Rotor Replacement
- Seabrook Cybersecurity Plan Development
- Security Strategy Improvement Study