- Integrated Resource Planning & Development Support
Since 2011, our team has provided assistance to Lafayette Utilities System (LUS) in determining its power supply paths to meet its load requirements over the next 20 years. We also provide other engineering services associated with planning, permitting and project development.
In 2011, the Integrated Resource Plan (IRP) focused on LUS’ power supply paths associated with numerous proposed environmental regulations. We developed cost estimates to bring LUS’ existing units into compliance and evaluated new resource alternatives. Retirement of existing assets was considered. Since the findings of the initial study, we have continued to support LUS with load forecasts, power supply request for proposals, decommissioning studies and dispatch cost assessments.
Most recently, we assisted with an update to the IRP focusing on LUS’ ability to comply with the Clean Power Plan.
- Load forecasting
- Regulatory review and environmental assessment
- Generation resource planning
- Decommissioning and demolition studies
- Technology assessment including fossil, renewables and storage
- Power supply request for proposals
- Dispatch cost assessments
- Site assessments