- Jefferson City Corrections Center Power Distribution
Burns & McDonnell provided electrical designs for the main electrical distribution system for the Jefferson City Corrections Center. This work included:
- Interfacing with AmerenUE, the servicing utility, at 12.47kV
- Design of the medium voltage distribution system throughout the facility
- Emergency generator and transfer switch system design
- Emergency power distribution
Burns & McDonnell also provided electrical designs for the central chiller and boiler plant and manufacturing facility portions of the project. This work included design of the medium and low voltage distribution systems to support three 700-ton chillers, three water-cooled cooling towers and three central boilers at the central chiller and boiler plant. These designs included transformers, 480-volt distribution equipment, and motor control equipment including variable frequency drives.
The manufacturing facility electrical design included transformers, 480-volt distribution equipment and motor control equipment to support the industrial ventilation system required to support the facility's four large paint booths.