- LMP Forecast Development
Burns & McDonnell was retained by Interstate Power & Light Co. (IPL) to develop locational marginal price (LMP) forecasts. The purpose of the study was to provide IPL with detailed LMP forecasts for most of its generation fleet.
The study used a security constrained economic dispatch model to develop LMP prices in the near- to medium-term time frame under various generation and transmission assumptions. The marginal congestion and loss components also were reported at the specified generation nodes.
- Security constrained economic dispatch
- Locational marginal price development
IPL is a subsidiary of Alliant Energy, a Midwest energy company serving customers and communities in Iowa, Wisconsin and Minnesota. Burns & McDonnell was retained to develop LMP forecasts for much of IPL's generation fleet.
- Transmission model coordinated with latest MISO (Midwest Independent Transmission System Operator) models and other client-provided data
- Multi-year LMP reporting at multiple generation and load nodes
- Deterministic LMPs reported under various new generation and transmission assumptions