- NERC Compliance Documentation & Policy Development
Burns & McDonnell provided Brazos Electric Power Cooperative (BEPC) with documentation to ensure compliance with North American Electric Reliability Corp. (NERC) Reliability Standards. Burns & McDonnell developed policies and procedures that are necessary to prove that specific actions, processes and communication standards are met. Tasks performed:
- Created structure of relationships matrix for all policies, procedures and supporting documents related to NERC and Electric Reliability Council of Texas (ERCOT)/Texas Regional Entity (TRE) guidelines.
- Customized policies to meet NERC compliance based on client’s accepted format.
- Worked with asset owners to map processes related to specific procedures necessary for NERC compliance.
- Documented processes and procedures in flowcharts and accompanying text to describe NERC-related actions.
- Updated and/or created related supporting documents including but not limited to each requirement as specified for BEPC relevant NERC-qualified functions (transmission owners/TO, general owners/GO, general operators/GOP, transmission planners/TP, distribution providers/DP).
- Worked with client to finalize documents and materials through final approval processes as defined jointly by Burns & McDonnell and BEPC.
Burns & McDonnell provided the following deliverables to the client:
- NERC compliance documents
- Roles and responsibilities matrix
- Policies and procedures
- Supporting documents
- Complete NERC policy and procedure documents
- Executive presentation
- Development of necessary documentation to prove compliance with NERC Reliability Standards