- On-Call IT Infrastructure Operations & Support
We provided services for two information technology (IT) initiatives for Los Angeles World Airports (LAWA).
The overarching project involved the design, implementation, maintenance and support for IT transport systems, which may include voice, data and video transmission equipment, conduit and cabling infrastructure within and between facilities at Los Angeles International Airport (LAX), Ontario International Airport and Van Nuys Airport. The intent of the "on-call" contract was to provide timely, efficient and short-term services to address urgent IT infrastructure needs as they arose.
IT Systems and Facilities Assessment/Inventory
We provided field survey services and conducted and assessed inventory of existing IT systems and facilities. This included identifying underground duct banks, potholing when necessary, pull box/manhole surveys, conduit usage and availability surveys, as well as inside plant infrastructure surveys. We determined the location and depth of LAWA underground facilities and all other utilities and provided a set of updated substructure drawings. The work also included IT system surveys and the creation of single line and wiring interconnect diagrams.
Our team also provided installation and seismic anchoring of equipment racks, cabinets, and cable trays, uninterruptible power supply (UPS) equipment, battery packs and associated cabinet mounting rails, air conditioning units and IT systems equipment.
Central Terminal Area Inspection Trailers Cabling Upgrade
The Inspection Division was experiencing a very slow data transfer speed in its systems in the Central Terminal Area (CTA) trailers and requested we upgrade the network connection. We replaced the lease line with a fiber connection to the LAWA network, which includes installation of a rigid galvanized steel (RGS) conduit and a 12-strand aerial fiber cable, between the IT room and the existing tension cable that connects to the CID trailers.
- Setting the Stage to Support Smart Airport Functionality
- Transforming the Future of Airports With Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Generative Design
- A Collaborative Approach
- Making the Case for Data
- Q&A: David Yeamans — David's Take on Tomorrow's Travel
- Smart Airports Follow Smart Trends
- Designed for Flexibility: Airport Convenience Challenges
- Recreating the Passenger Experience
- The Changing Face of Aviation: Biometrics in Airport Operations
- The New Race for Space: Finding Efficiencies in Airport Spaces
- Airport Improvement: Burns & McDonnell Selects Peter Aarons to Lead Aviation Group in the West
- Airport Magazine: Digital Transformation - An Imperative for Airports
- ACEC's Engineering Inc.: Aviation Infrastructure Market Booming
- Burns & McDonnell Expands Depth of Growing Aviation Team in Dallas-Fort Worth
- Burns & McDonnell Aviation VP Joins ACI World Business Partners Advisory Board
- Burns & McDonnell Strengthens Growing Aviation Team in Dallas-Fort Worth
- Burns & McDonnell Strengthens Aviation Capabilities with Experienced Hires
- Burns & McDonnell Wins Design Work on $960 Million LAX Project