- Ongoing Environmental & Engineering Services
Burns & McDonnell provides a wide variety of environmental and engineering services to Universal Paragon Corp. (UPC), the owner of the Brisbane Landfill and former Bayshore Railyard site in Brisbane, Calif. UPC plans to remediate and develop the 800-acre brownfield property adjacent to the San Francisco Bay.
Burns & McDonnell has been providing environmental and engineering services to UPC since 1997. Services provided by Burns & McDonnell include:
- Design and implementation of numerous remedial investigations to define the limits of contamination in soil and groundwater at the site.
- Design and implementation of several remedial measures mandated by regulatory agencies.
- Risk assessment studies including the formulation of Remedial Action Objectives (RAOs) for the site.
- Litigation support.
- Feasibility studies.
- Design, development and successful negotiation of Remedial Action Plans for portions of the site.
- Routine stormwater monitoring and reporting.
- Design of stormwater compliance measures.
- Routine groundwater and surface water monitoring, including monitoring of more than 100 piezometers, monitoring wells, groundwater extraction wells and drainage ditches at the site.
- Health and safety plans.
- Design and study of a variety of civil engineering projects.
- Construction management services.
- Wetland delineation studies and reports and preparation of wetland mitigation plans for the site.
- Permitting support and coordination of activities with regulatory agencies.
- Landfill closure design.