- Pavement Improvement & Infrastructure Projects
For the Johnson County Airport Commission (JCAC), which operates both New Century AirCenter (IXD) and Johnson County Executive Airport (OJC), finding a partner that could tackle the constant cycle of public service and programmed maintenance projects without interruption to everyday operations was of utmost importance.
Our team of project managers and design professionals has been JCAC’s partner for more than 25 years and has completed more than 120 projects at the two airports. Through this partnership, we have developed a deep understanding of the airports’ facilities and systems, as well as an excellent working relationship, allowing us to go into greater depth on the specific needs of each project.
On multiple occasions, we have provided specialized service on-site at a moment’s notice. For example, when the runway pavement at OJC experienced unexpected distress and JCAC had limited federal funding available for a temporary fix, we provided various solutions to keep it active and serviceable for three fixed-base operators and more than 150 private tenants. The efforts we undertook were successful in making the pavement last long enough to allow JCAC time to receive the funds necessary for a full reconstruct of the runway, which will now serve OJC for the next 20-plus years.
During the Runway 18-36 mill and overlay project at IXD, our team discovered a large amount of pavement delamination, which would have adversely affected the finished product. This caused us to take a step back from the project to find a solution that would solve the delamination issue and keep the project within budget. In the end, the decision to mill deeper into the runway surface successfully removed the layer of pavement that was causing the delamination and cracking. This led to a more reliable final product for JCAC while keeping the project budget on track.
Throughout the years and changing staff at JCAC, our team has remained a steadfast partner. As a full-service engineering firm, our ability to pull in the necessary people and resources to address any project need gives us an advantage in providing JCAC with continued success and an effective partnership.
- Runway, Apron & Key Infrastructure
- Airport Gate Enhancement
- Northeast Cargo Development
- Passenger Lounge
- Airport Utilities Master Plan
- LAX Midfield Satellite Concourse
- On-Call Architecture & Engineering - Jefferson City, Missouri
- Condition Assessment & Retro-Commissioning
- Mickey Leland International Terminal
- Runway Rehabilitation - Phase 1
- Airport Technology: Deals this week: SITA, Wipro, Burns & McDonnell, WM Schlosser
- Financial News: Williston, North Dakota selects Burns & McDonnell, Alliance Consulting Land Projects to design elements of new airport
- Burns & McDonnell Strengthens Aviation Capabilities with Experienced Hires
- Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association: Online airspace tool receives engineering award