- Power Plant Expansion
Burns & McDonnell was the design-build firm for South Texas Electric Cooperative's new Pearsall Power Plant. This multi-office, interdivisional effort consisted of design, procurement and construction services for a new power plant, substation facilities and transmission line. The transmission portion of the project consisted of new and expanded transmission and substation facilities to support the new 202-MW engine generation plant. The facilities included a new collector bus, expansion of an existing substation, a line position swap, and a new transmission line between the collector bus and the existing substation.
- Transmission line and substation engineering
A new line position was installed at an existing 138-kV substation ring bus to make room for the new power plant. A two position line swap was performed at the existing substation to avoid overhead line crossing due to the new power plant line.
The new half-mile, 138-kV overhead line was installed to connect the existing substation to a new collector bus.
The collector bus was constructed at the new power plant. This new four-position collector bus was attached via overhead conductors to four GSU transformers at the new power plant.
- Navigating a New Route
- Despite Renewable Gaps, Solutions Abound for Maintaining Grid Stability
- Overcoming Renewable Energy Obstacles With Reciprocating Engines
- Reciprocating Engine Plants: Five Reasons They're Gaining Popularity
- Filling the Renewable Energy Gap
- Empowering Stability for a Changing Market
- Annual Energy Outlook 2013 Early Release Insights
- BenchMark 2010 No. 3: Feature Projects
- Flexible Power
- Tim Carey Selected to Lead Growing Energy Group in Chicago for Burns & McDonnell
- Burns & McDonnell Reaches Substantial Completion on Reciprocating Engine Power Plants in Michigan
- Power Engineering: Burns & McDonnell oversees completion of Michigan gas-fired quick response plants
- Engineering News-Record: 2018 Texas & Louisiana Best Projects
- Stillwater Energy Center’s Reciprocating Engines Earn ACEC Award in Oklahoma
- Entergy New Orleans Provides Burns & McDonnell Notice to Proceed as EPC Contractor for New Orleans Power Station
- Energy Business Review: Burns & McDonnell to build 225-MW natural gas-fired power plant in Texas
- Power Engineering: Burns & McDonnell to Build 225-MW Gas Plant in Texas
- Firm Wins EPC Contract for 225-MW Fast-Start Power Facility in Denton, Texas
- Hays Post: Midwest Energy Completes Goodman Energy Center Expansion