- Security Assessment, Lighting Surveys, Call Boxes & CPTED
Burns & McDonnell conducted an all-inclusive physical security assessment for a regional health system in the Midwest. Our team conducted threat and vulnerability assessments to include lighting surveys at 20-plus locations and one large campus. Each assessment and lighting survey included parking areas, public areas and areas surrounding the structures.
We also assessed the current integrated security system alarms, cameras, emergency call boxes and how these systems were integrated and utilized. The project concluded with review of force protection services; layout of a Security Operations Center (SOC); review and draft of post orders and procedures for the SOC; workplace violence and active shooter training; and a security staffing study establishing recommended manpower needs to comply and meet all relevant Joint Commission standards. Findings from the completed comprehensive assessment were presented in a master plan format to provide a one-, two- and five-year security improvement roadmap.
- Multicampus lighting survey and evaluation
- Security and vulnerability assessment at 20-plus standalone hospitals and clinics
- Video coverage assessment
- Emergency “Blue Light” call station assessment, testing, function audit
- Security communications assessment
- Mental health division security assessment
- Manpower assessment and training evaluation
- SOC post orders and procedures review
- Workplace violence training
- Security operations manual review
- SOC development
- Evaluation of need for weapons detection