- Shepard Energy Centre
This project includes two Mitsubishi 501G1+ combustion turbines, two Vogt triple pressure heat recovery steam generators (HRSGs) and one Mitsubishi reheat steam turbine, all supplied as part of Mitsubishi's Power Island. The Shepard Energy Centre is designed for supplemental firing in the heat recovery steam generator to achieve a nominal plant rating of 800 MW. The project is being executed on an engineer-procure-construct turnkey contract basis and is expected to be commercial in mid-2015.
- Owner's engineering
- Engineer-procure-construct (EPC) specification preparation
- EPC negotiations support
- Design review
- EPC contract administration and oversight
- Construction management and oversight
In 2009, ENMAX Energy Corp. retained Burns & McDonnell to provide owner's engineering services for the Shepard Energy Centre. Construction on this nominal 800-MW facility began in mid-2011 with a completion date of mid-2015.
- Steam cooling of MPS combustion turbine transitions.
- SCR to 3 ppm NOx
- Natural gas compression
- Wet surface condenser and cooling tower
- Partially enclosed HRSGs
- Fully enclosed STG and GTGs
- Auxiliary boilers
- Provisions for future CO2 capture