- Statewide Drainage Design Manual
Burns & McDonnell was selected by the Kansas Department of Transportation (KDOT) for the preparation of a comprehensive update to KDOT's Statewide Drainage Design Manual.
KDOT sought a complete overhaul of the existing manual, which contained outdated design elements. KDOT also desired to use the latest technologies for developing the updated drainage design manual, provide better methods for drainage computations, to better distribute the manual to all state-wide designers, and to allow more timely and integrated updates and revisions in the future.
- Extensive research into existing KDOT drainage methods and policies
- In-depth research of similar DOT design manuals across the country
- Detailed and comprehensive recommendations report
- Manual draft, prototype development, prototype testing and final production of drainage design manual for implementation