- Statewide Pavement Management System
Burns & McDonnell, as a subconsultant to Benesch, developed a statewide pavement management system for the 80 airports in the National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems (NPIAS) in Kansas. This project included the inspection of all airport pavements to obtain a Pavement Condition Index (PCI). This project also included reporting the PCI in the Pavement Management System for each airport. Burns & McDonnell used mobile data technology to safely and efficiently perform each pavement inspection with minimal impact on existing airport operations.
- Pavement maintenance program/management system report for each airport
- Statewide summary of the PCI
- Five-year capital improvement planning for each airport
- Pavement maintenance and repair estimates for each airport
- Incorporation of each airport's pavement inspection results into an existing GIS database and website
- Nearly 100 million square feet of pavement inspected