- Strategic Facility Planning
Optimum utilization of limited or constrained resources is often a significant challenge. To help with this challenge, a client of 25 years asked us to help develop a five-year facilities strategic plan for two primary sites. We conducted interviews of the operational and support groups, which led to documentation of existing facility utilization and anticipated future needs. The information collected was graphically represented in MicroStation as block plans along with other metadata to show facility additions, changes and improvements anticipated over the next five years.
The next phase of the project included integration of the MicroStation block plans and metadata with our Building and Asset Strategic Evaluation (BASE) framework. BASE is an integration framework built upon the ESRI ArcGIS platform and allowed additional integration with other key client systems including the client's enterprise asset management system (Maximo), the document management system (ProjectWise) and other homegrown information systems. The tailored, web-based solution provides users with insights from integrated information not previously available through an intuitive, map-based, user interface.
The web-based solution helps communicate requirements, elicit consideration and feedback from key stakeholders, and mitigate the risk of critical factors going unrealized. The spatial context of the solution depicts space types and occupancy and enables functional groups to collaborate and contribute to implementation of the strategic plan as well as visually compare different plan years.
- Streamline Program Management With Data Visualization
- Tomorrow's Tech and Trends for Construction
- Where the Tech Are We?
- Applying Modern Data Acquisition for Construction Sites
- Aligning Communication Between Multiple Parties on Complex Projects
- Piloting Utility Use Cases for Augmented Reality Technology
- Power Industry: Meet Your Digital Twin
- A New (Virtual) Reality for 3D Technology in the Utility Industry
- Renewables to the Rescue?
- Can Artificial Intelligence Help Utility Customers Beat the Heat? Yes
- Kansas City Business Journal: 2019 NextGen Leaders - Chris Underwood
- Burns & McDonnell and Manitoba Hydro International Partner to Implement VisualSpection™ Augmented Reality Software for Wearable Devices
- T&D World: Burns & McDonnell and Manitoba Hydro Partner on Augmented Reality Software
- Grid Modernization Leader Mark Knight Joins Burns & McDonnell
- Burns & McDonnell Announces Promotions of Five New Officers
- Greg Fay, Longtime IT Visionary, Joins Burns & McDonnell
- Burns & McDonnell Strengthens Growing Business & Technology Solutions Group
- Burns & McDonnell Reimagines Business & Technology Consulting Group
- Power Engineering: A Big Data Future: Embracing Market Trends
- Burns & McDonnell Adds Project Manager for Enterprise Systems Integration