- Substation Relocation & Upgrades
Relocation of a 138/13.2-kV, five-position breaker and a half substation, as well as major upgrades to another 138/13.2-kV substation. The relocation was a direct result of a new bridge being built over a major river in a major metropolitan area. Burns & McDonnell's scope included acquisition of permits, detailed engineering and architectural design, construction support during construction and managing the detailed design.
- Project management
- Detailed engineering and architectural design
- Permit acquisition
- Construction support
- Substation was elevated approximately 18 feet above finished grade to prevent damage during a flood.
- Power and grounding transformers were placed approximately 18 feet above finished grade.
- Elevated tray and walkway systems were implemented throughout the substations.
- A two-story control building is included, with switchgear and 92 relay panels on the second story.