- Sunrise Powerlink Project
San Diego Gas & Electric selected Burns & McDonnell as its owner’s agent on the Sunrise Powerlink project. The project consists of a new electric transmission line between the existing Imperial Valley and Sycamore Canyon substations, a proposed new Suncrest Substation, and other system modifications in order to reliably operate the new line. A 22-mile portion of the line between Sycamore Canyon Substation and Suncrest Substation will be an overhead, double-circuit 230-kV transmission line consisting of both lattice steel and steel pole structures and a 6-mile portion will be a 230-kV double-circuit underground transmission line. The 92-mile segment from Suncrest Substation to Imperial Valley Substation will be a 500-kV single-circuit transmission line comprised of lattice steel structures.
The project involves the construction of a new, 120-mile 220-kV/500-kV transmission line to provide additional capacity, reliability and a renewable energy tap to the San Diego area. Burns & McDonnell’s scope involves engineering; bid phase services; project controls such as scheduling, cost and document control; project management; contract administration; construction management; QAQC, GIS mapping; and environmental studies, reports and field monitoring. The Forest Service's record of decision is expected in 2010 will construction to start soon thereafter, with a project in-service date of mid-2012.
- Transmission System Modernization
- Tehachapi Renewable Transmission Project
- Transmission and Substation EPC Projects
- Bakken Crude Oil Pipeline
- Bernese Substation Development
- Pipeline Maintenance & Repair
- Seminole-Muskogee Transmission Line
- Short Circuit & Protective Device Coordination Study
- Smart Grid Demonstration Project