- Terminal 1 Modernization Program
Based on a joint agreement between Los Angeles World Airports (LAWA) and Southwest Airlines, Southwest is implementing a comprehensive development program to modernize Terminal 1 (T1) at Los Angeles International Airport. The program will extend the useful life of the terminal, upgrade the baggage and passenger security screening facilities and modernize the customer service facilities. As a major subconsultant, Burns & McDonnell is responsible for all T1 apron replacement design, relocation of hydrant fuel pits, installation of three new isolation valves for the hydrant fueling system, and the removal, replacement and installation of underground utilities, which include sewer, grease waste and storm drain.
- Construction administration
- Building size: 431,000 square feet
- Building function and services: Airline passenger terminal and gates
- Site: LAX Central Terminal Area — Terminal 1 and aircraft parking apron