- Tortilla Chip Capacity Expansion
A confidential snack food client wanted to boost an existing tortilla chip line to increase production and install packaging automation technology on 12 existing packaging tubes. Our team provided design-build services for the expansion.
The three-week shutdown spanned from the start of demolition to the start of production. The project scope included demolition of the existing production system and 12 packaging tubes. The production system was replaced with new, larger, high-production rate equipment. Packaging tubes were replaced with full packaging automation systems. The control system for the new production line and two existing production lines were rewired and changed over to a new platform.
- Detailed engineering
- Demolished existing portions of tortilla chip production line
- 2 new soak tanks
- New corn processing equipment
- New sheeter, oven, proofer
- New frying system
- 12 tubes of packaging automation
- PLC5 – ControlLogix conversion
Process area before the expansion project.
Process area after the expansion project.