- T.R. Hughes Interchange with I-70
Burns & McDonnell completed a broad scope of professional services for the interchange of T.R. Hughes Road with Interstate 70. The facilities include 1.5 miles of three- and five-lane relocated and new roadway; five bridges, including a 450-foot-long span over I-70; three box culverts; 2,500 feet of channel improvements; multiple sections of retaining wall; three signalized intersections; water line relocation; and miscellaneous paving and site improvements over the approximately 50 acres disturbed by the project.
In addition to the four bridges over Belleau Creek and the Belleau Creek channel improvements, the project includes an enclosed drainage system consisting of approximately 1,430 feet of reinforced concrete pipe varying in diameter from 48 to 60 inches. Extensive coordination was required with the City of St. Peters, St. Charles County, the Missouri Department of Transportation (MoDOT) District 6 Office and Bridge Division, and the FHWA.
- Location and alignment studies
- Traffic modeling
- Environmental Impact Statement
- Corps of Engineers 404 permit application
- Hydraulic studies
- Public involvement program
- Field surveys
- Geotechnical investigations
- Aerial mapping
- Traffic studies and analysis
- Right-of-way plans and easements
- Phasing and traffic control plans
- Design and contract documents