The acceleration of technology requires resilient design, innovative solutions and clear consultation. From recommending equity investments to harnessing big-picture data, from creating mobile applications for field data collection to identifying cybersecurity risks, our business consulting team guides projects down a path to faster, smarter and more sustainable solutions.
We add insight and understanding to help you make strong business decisions that support your goals. From pre-capital consulting services designed to help food and beverage manufacturers determine how to prioritize and finance capital projects to helping companies manage the hurdles of change management, our consultants are focused on helping you find the solution that is right for your business.
Empowering Business Planning
Our team includes specialized staff focused on helping utilities and power supply owners plan for their future, from recommending new resources to retrofitting existing assets to demand-side management. We develop strategies for compliance with today's standards, preparing our clients' businesses economically for the future with sound support for their capital expenditures.
We’re well-versed in integrated resource planning (IRP) studies, including renewable evaluations, demand-side management, retirement scenarios and regulatory filing support. We develop forecasts — such as load and energy forecasts, market energy forecasts, and fuel forecasts — for use in IRP efforts.
With the increasing use of intermittent renewable resources, our studies dig deeper to get an accurate picture of needs and challenges. Power flow modeling takes into consideration the two-way power flows that often accompany the growth of distributed energy resources.
You May Also Like:
- Wildcat Point Generation Facility
- Comprehensive Utility Consulting Services
- Due Diligence Review & Determination of Value
- Gas Turbine Economic Analysis Study
- Gas-Fired Power Plant Valuation & Due Diligence Report
- Water Master Plan & Rate Study - DeKalb
- Substation Asset Management Pilot Design
- Water Plant Valuation Study
- Electric Utility Cost-of-Service & Rate Study - Naperville
- Getting the Most Value From Your External Change Resource
- A Community Outreach Strategy Can Drive Project Success
- Shifting Gears: Invest in a Plan That Pays
- New U.K. Price Controls Drive New Capital Programme Delivery
- Eliminating Waste Through Lean IPD to Create Real-World Benefits for Project Costs and Outcomes
- Electricity's New Reality: The Balancing Act
- A New (Virtual) Reality for 3D Technology in the Utility Industry
- Using War Games as a Business Consulting Strategy in Transportation
- Weigh Value vs. Cost When Stacking Up Battery Revenues
- The Smart Way to Approach Interconnections
- Burns & McDonnell Ranks No. 1 on 2019 List of Top Design Firms in New England
- Grid Modernization Leader Mark Knight Joins Burns & McDonnell
- AZ Big Media: Moving toward renewable energy creates challenges for utilities
- Burns & McDonnell Announces Promotions of Five New Officers
- Burns & McDonnell Strengthens Growing Business & Technology Solutions Group
- Burns & McDonnell Announces New Leadership Class
- Power Grid International: Burns & McDonnell names new head for business, technology group
- Burns & McDonnell Reimagines Business & Technology Consulting Group
- Engineering News-Record: ENR Midwest's 2018 Top Young Professionals
- Burns & McDonnell Adds Visionary in Utility and Grid Modernization
Send Us a Note
Chris Underwood Vice President 816-822-4313