Deciding which expenditures can be delayed without significantly affecting customer service and operations can be a daunting task. We work with you to balance asset and system performance, cost and risk, helping to both justify your investment plan and make the tough decisions.
We work with you to create robust, defensible and optimized budget plans that can be presented to boards and regulators. We have an established, holistic approach to capital asset prioritization that we use to help balance the challenges with growing budget pressure, increasing customer service demands and aging infrastructure. This can be paired with services specific to your needs to provide a comprehensive roadmap for capital expenditures.
Customized Guidance for Power Producers
We leverage deep knowledge of power industry and utility assets and their operation to develop solutions specific to your organization’s people, processes and technologies, including change management and stakeholder management. Industry-standard, sophisticated modeling software is incorporated into our process so that we understand the total cost and benefits associated with every investment. The solutions and tools we recommend integrate with your business processes to help you realize continued and sustained benefits.
In the end, you have a robust business case that will allow you to defend budget plans and balance the competing demands of risk and performance. Our solutions promote transparency and communication across your organization, focusing on clear documentation and consistency in investment planning. The tools we implement enable quick reprioritization should the underlying assumptions change, regulatory requirements shift or new budget realities emerge.
You May Also Like:
- A Better Way to Estimate a Power Plant’s Remaining Service Life
- Shifting Gears: Invest in a Plan That Pays
- New U.K. Price Controls Drive New Capital Programme Delivery
- Energy's Endless Options: How to Plan for Renewables
- Getting Resilient With Financing
- Creating a Competitive Path Forward Through Pre-Capital Consulting
- Electrifying the Nation’s Mass Transit Bus Fleets
- A Twist on Traditional Funding
- Investing in Mexico's Energy Infrastructure: Adopting Best Practices
- Smart Infrastructure Tomorrow Requires Scenario Planning Today
- Kansas City Business Journal: 2019 NextGen Leaders - Chris Underwood
- Food Engineering: Balancing Capital Investment with Long-Term Sustainability Goals
- Burns & McDonnell Reimagines Business & Technology Consulting Group
- Burns & McDonnell Hires Ravikanth Varanasi to Expand Business Consulting Services in Texas
Send Us a Note
Jason De Stigter Project Manager 816-447-9833