Our storage and distribution experience ranges from early design through complete engineer-procure-construct and commissioning of crude oil, refined product and marine storage and distribution facilities.
Our services include automation and controls, as well as all necessary facilities for pipeline operations. Our list includes:
We have extensive experience in the planning, design, procurement, construction, commissioning and startup of storage terminals, including crude oil, refined products and liquefied petroleum gas (LPG). Our experience includes all aspects of these facilities including receiving, storage and blending, as well as truck, rail and marine loading/unloading.
Our teams have worked on all specialty systems related to terminals such as additive injection, vapor recovery, leak detection, fire detection/protection, cathodic protection, drag reducing agents, hydrogen sulfide detection/monitoring and nitrogen blanketing. We have a great reputation of working closely with our clients to design the optimum amount of atmospheric or pressurized storage with the most cost effective and operationally efficient site layout.
Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) Facilities
Our full-service, multidisciplinary services include solutions that help you move your LNG projects from conceptual design and preliminary engineering to facility commissioning and startup. We determine the cost-effective and cost-efficient steps that determine key factors in every project phase, from finding the most suitable locations or routes for your project, conducting environmental studies, soliciting public input, obtaining regulatory approvals, acquiring appropriate land rights or monitoring construction activities. We have consistently made our customers’ projects successful through our focus on safety, excellence in project execution, and experience in teaming with technology licensors.
We help you work through the challenges of both greenfield and brownfield LNG facilities, and we provide complete design-build/engineer-procure-construct (EPC) services through multiple contracting strategies. We also can apply in-house, direct hire mechanical constructor options, both union and non-union.
We provide compressor station design and construction services for new pipeline and pipeline expansion projects. These services include feasibility, conceptual and detailed design, as well as all facets of procurement and construction. Our compressor experience covers both reciprocating and centrifugal type compressors with gas turbine, electric and natural gas-driven engines, as well as associated systems such as air-cooled heat exchangers and filtration. In addition, our team provides quality and modeling services for both noise and air, along with permitting services related to compressor stations.
We have metering and regulating equipment experience specific to natural gas transmission pipelines and distribution systems, in addition to extensive experience in gas processing plants, power generation plants and commercial facilities. We have provided design and construction services for meter stations and related equipment, including pressure reduction systems, gas quality monitoring equipment, filter separators, line heaters and odorization associated with custody transfer, pipeline interconnects, laterals, gate stations and other pipeline facilities.
We provide design and construction services for new pipeline and pipeline expansion projects. Our design experience includes both new booster stations and upgrading existing stations to meet new throughput requirements. In addition to the pipeline modeling to determine throughputs, our team coordinates the survey and site selection for proposed new sites; performs environmental reviews; coordinates with local utilities for power; and develops station piping and instrumentation diagrams, plans and construction drawings. We can manage the procurement of equipment and materials for booster stations projects, including expediting long lead time items to meet critical startup schedules. With more than 300 in-house construction management professionals, we can also provide assistance with construction management or take on the entire project in an engineer-procure-construct (EPC) role.
Power Supply Services
We apply our in-house electrical transmission and distribution experience to fulfilling the power needs for your project. We can leverage our existing relationships with electric utilities and cooperatives to help you obtain power and service agreements. In your systemwide booster station expansion projects, we can relieve you of the time-consuming task of coordinating pipeline expansion with affected electrical utilities. While allowing you to focus on your core business, we can provide the resources to estimate the cost of new services during feasibility studies and, in some cases, supplement the utilities and cooperatives in estimating and design of new lines.
Rail Loading & Unloading
We have served both the railway and oil and gas industries for decades directly and through industrial, state and municipal clients. Our professionals have an in-depth understanding of loading and unloading design, permitting, and construction-related issues and needs by providing a variety of services associated with mainline and industrial track, facilities, yards and terminals, and bridge and structure projects across the country.
We bring it all together to provide the loading and unloading services you need to move products on the fastest-growing and most economical transport method today. No matter what the challenge, our railway and oil and gas professionals can help make your project a success.
LNG & Propane/Air Facility Improvements
5 Tips to Manage Cost and Schedule on Gas Main Replacement Programs
Natural Gas: Develop a New Path Toward Reliability Goals
You May Also Like:
- LNG & Propane/Air Facility Improvements
- Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) Terminal
- VEX Pipeline Improvements Program
- Biofuel Blending & Evaluation Facility
- Fuel Pipeline Upgrade
- Grass-Roots Refined Product Terminal
- Crude Oil Pipeline and Terminal Expansion
- Fuel Lease Transfer Project
- Fueling Master Planning and System Upgrades
- Grass-Roots Crude Oil Terminal
- Protecting Electrical Systems Critical to Midstream Operations
- Optimizing Pipeline Depth With Wheel Loading Analysis
- Considerations Before Choosing to Replace in Kind
- Plan Ahead to Protect: Eliminating Arc Flash Hazards Through Higher-Order Controls
- Eliminate Hazards Upfront
- Tips to Save Time and Costs on Air Permitting of Bulk Tanks
- Hitting the Bull’s-Eye on Main Replacement Programs
- Flexible Engineering Solutions Uncover Cost Savings for Pipeline Projects
- Streamlining Marine Vapor Control Systems Certification and Operational Review Efforts
- Uncover What Lies Beneath
- Engineering News-Record: Energy/Industrial Award of Merit: Phillips 66 Terminal Expansion
- Engineering News-Record: Future Prospects Look Bright For Region's Designers
- Randy Schmidt Named as New Leader of the Burns & McDonnell Oil and Gas Terminals and Pipelines Group
- Pipeline & Gas Journal: Burns & McDonnell Makes Leadership Change
- Oil & Gas Journal: Schmidt to lead Burns & McDonnell's terminals, pipelines group
- Construction Today: Victory of the Drones
- Engineering News-Record: Low Prices Keep Lid on LNG, Pipeline Work
- Burns & McDonnell Expands Leadership Team for Oil and Gas Infrastructure Project Development
- Kansas City Star: Burns & McDonnell is expanding its energy terminal and pipeline business
- Burns & McDonnell and Zachry Group to design and construct major terminal expansion for Phillips 66
Send Us a Note
Randy Schmidt Terminals & Pipelines Director 832-214-2801