Our commissioning efforts typically include involvement across all project phases — design, construction and startup. By participating actively throughout the life of a project as a strong owner-advocate, our commissioning professionals contribute to the project's success and serve as a conduit of communication and problem-solving among all parties.
Our professionals have commissioned more than $12 billion in new construction. We offer services across our network of offices, with experience merging commissioning information in major design platforms, including building information models, CxCT and computerized maintenance management systems.
We have team members with all relevant commissioning credentials, from organizations including the AABC Commissioning Group (ACG), ASHRAE and the U.S. Green Building Council. The team's extensive experience informs your project with industry-leading best practices designed to reduce your costs and maximize your results.
Verifying and Documenting Facility Systems
Commissioning is a systematic process of verifying and documenting that your facility and all of its systems and assemblies are planned, designed, installed, tested, operated and maintained to your project requirements. Our goal is to turn over a building that delivers, or exceeds, the performance and energy savings promised by its design.
Ideally the commissioning process begins before the design phase, continues into the warranty period for a minimum of one year after construction, and prepares your operations personnel to take on the job. Our commissioning services can be provided independently or bundled with our full spectrum of planning, design and construction services.
You May Also Like:
- Parkland Health & Hospital System Selects Burns & McDonnell for Design and Construction Commissioning Services
- Burns & McDonnell Moves to No. 1 as Nation’s Largest Commissioning Firm on Annual Commissioning Giants Ranking
- Burns & McDonnell Grows Commissioning Team in New Directions
- Burns & McDonnell is Nation's Third Largest Commissioning Firm
- Burns & McDonnell Manager Appointed AIA Commissioning Representative
- Burns & McDonnell Awarded Commissioning Services Contract for New National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency Campus in St. Louis
- Burns & McDonnell Ranks 3rd on 2016 MEP Commissioning Giants Survey
- Burns & McDonnell Offers New Sustainable Design-Build Services
- Burns & McDonnell Ranks 6th on Latest MEP Giants Survey
- Building Operating Management: Think Big Picture, Reduce Fire Protection Costs
Send Us a Note
David Meyers Commissioning Manager 314-682-1549