In the mission critical market, Burns & McDonnell has a wide range capabilities in architecture, engineering, construction and commissioning. Our focus is on providing high-performance, energy-efficient, flexible, scalable and reliable facilities. Our team seeks opportunities to find innovative solutions to meet and exceed your expectations.
The experience and creativity of our individual employee-owners in this market is key to how we create successful solutions for you, in ways you never expected. Each one of us has a vested interest in your needs, and our team has professional engineering registrations in all 50 states.
Market Sector Strengths
- Extensive experience performing design studies, project planning, site selection programming, space planning and design, construction, and commissioning. Additional capabilities include fire protection, site aquisition, security, architecture and engineering (environmental, electrical, mechanical, structural, and civil).
- Comprehensive experience in designing mission critical facilities, including command suites and control rooms; data centers; secure servers, communications and LAN rooms supporting robust building communications systems; information network operations centers; classified meeting and video teleconferences areas; sensitive compartmented information facilities; and lobbies with secured facility entrances and turnstiles.
- More than 115 years of building critical infrastructure for power delivery and fueling operations.
- Integrated project delivery processes include design, site acquisition, construction and commissioning.
- In the past five years, surveyed 1,555 sites; 645 were acquired and designed; 276 were constructed.
- Diversified standby power systems include automatic transfer switches; battery systems; Cam-Lock and generator plugs; hydrogen fuel cells; methanol reformers; diesel, liquid and vapor propane, and natural gas generators.
Aerospace Manufacturing Facility
Powering the Data Machine: The Path to Faster, Smarter and More Sustainable Data Centers
PowerAlly: Maximize Your Energy Assets
Send Us a Note
Robert Bonar Regional Practice Manager 203-417-2203