Every day, our employee-owners rely on STEM — science, technology, engineering and math — skills, passion and a lifelong curiosity to change the world. That opportunity — to light the same spark and build the same foundation in students — is why we’re so invested in educational outreach.
STEM is good for students.
- Jobs requiring STEM skills are growing at seven times the rate of non-STEM jobs.
- Those with STEM jobs earn 26 percent higher wages than those in other jobs.
- The top 10 majors with the highest median earnings are all STEM fields.
And STEM is good for our future.
- While just 5 percent of U.S. workers hold jobs in STEM-related fields, they are responsible for more than 50 percent of our sustained economic growth.
- A strong foundation in STEM breeds innovation, ideas and progress. In a time of intense global competition, the U.S. has the potential to lead once more.
When we get students excited about these careers, we’re creating great future employee-owners. It’s in our best interest to build relationships now with the brightest STEM workers of the next generation. We’re changing the world today. You’ll help us change the world tomorrow.
Send Us a Note
Emily Rhoden Education Outreach Coordinator 816-447-9885