Every day, teachers inspire kids to think big. Often, this means opening up a child’s mind to the possibilities of STEM. We want you to feel as equipped as possible for this responsibility, so we’ve developed a variety of programs that make it easier for educators to connect kids with the STEM world. Interested? Contact us to learn more.
Helping you inspire your students.
This program helps larger groups of students jump in and learn about career paths within Burns & McDonnell. You can expose your students to a variety of STEM careers without overwhelming them, and help them understand how your classroom instruction is relevant to real-world situations.
- Schedule a session throughout the school year for groups of students.
- Your group will be separated into groups of three to five. Each group will spend 10 minutes at a station learning about a specific career path, then jump to the next station.
- Station topics include engineering disciplines, drafting, architecture, construction and sciences. Students may also learn about community involvement, job shadowing and internships.
You know best what it takes to get your students truly engaged in STEM topics. So let us know what you need and we'll be there to help craft a custom experiential learning program.
- Call on us for an engineer's assistance as a competition judge, panel participant, classroom presenter, mentor or robotics coach. Request a speaker for your classroom.
- Career fairs and career awareness days are other great opportunities to enrich your students' understanding of STEM-related careers.
We recognize we can’t reach every student. But one amazing teacher can reach hundreds. That's why we welcome educators to our world headquarters for the annual Educators Summit where we connect you with STEM professionals and opportunities for your students. Learn more on our event page.
- Day in Our Life: Job shadowing isn't just for students. Your students look to you for advice on majors and careers, so we want you to feel as equipped as possible to answer their questions. You'll interact with engineers, architects and other professionals to provide a better understanding of the kinds of things we face on a regular basis. (We promise not to put you to work.)
- Teacher Consortiums: We welcome teachers from the same district for a tailored day of learning. You'll spend the first part of the day shadowing a few of our employee-owners, then expand on what you've observed at a Q&A session. The second half of the day is devoted to brainstorming sessions we've planned together with your district.
- Summer Camp Outreach: We work with school districts to support summer camp programming by offering up engineers and interns to assist with experiments and activities.
Send Us a Note
Emily Rhoden Education Outreach Coordinator 816-447-9885